Singapore's Island Resort
Visit the Great New Exhibits that Invades Fort Siloso.
Come see the unique Voices of Singapore. Prisoner of War artworks, Surrender Chambers and Force 136 Exhibits.
Looking at Sentosa today, it’s hard to imagine the island was once a fishing village known as Pulau Blakang Mati. It later became a British military fortress untill 1967. Today, Sentosa is Singapore’s premier island resort getaway with multi-faceted appeal, teeming with events all year round. Just 15 minutes from the city, it is a unique blend of leisure and recreational facilities.
One day in Sentosa:
- Start your day with some eye candy: enjoy the magnificent sights of Keppel Harbour and beyond from the safety of your glass-bottomed cable car cabin.
- Alight at the Cable Car station on Sentosa & put yourself in the picture at the splendid Images of Singapore courtyard.
- Hop onto the revolving cabin of the Carlsberg Sky Tower - the tallest observatory tower in Asia. Standing at 135m above sea level, a ride on the Sky Tower offers 360 degrees bird's eye view of the Singapore Skyline and the neighbouring Southern & Indonesian islands.
- And since there’s nothing quite like an early morning walk to get the juices flowing, you might want to stroll through the Nature Walk/Dragon Trail nearby and try to spot as much wildlife and flora as you can.
- Your fitness quota for the day met, take the monorail and alight at Palawan Station. Pop into Warung Pantai for some takeaway lunch. This brand-new quick-service restaurant serves up tasty Malay satay, burgers and other specialties with a unique twist, so be sure to give it a try.
- For more pink delights, purchase your ticket for the Dolphin Lagoon (which also includes entry to the Underwater World) and say hello to the Indo-Pacific Humpback Dolphins. During each half-hour show, the intelligent mammals go through trainer-guided moves that demonstrate their acumen and abilities.
- Hop onto the beach train (it’s free) and enjoy the ride to Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort. From here, it’s just a short stride to the Underwater World where the acrylic tunnel lets you view nurse sharks, manta rays, moray eels, and coral fans in all their splendour – without getting wet!
- Take a stroll into the Fountain Gardens and sit by the gurgling fountains and people-watch. Relax and enjoy the scenery – you deserve it.
- Take a short walk to the Musical Fountain, where the Magical Sentosa Show takes place nightly at 7.40pm and 8.40pm. The kids will thoroughly love the star of the show, Kiki the monkey. Sound, lights and lasers bring this S$4million extravagannza to life – along with the colourful cast comprising a real-life emcee, Kiki, Princess Pearl and the singing fish.
Monorail has been decommissioned - Free bus service is available.
Sentosa Hotline: 1800-SENTOSA (1800-7368672)
Sentosa Development Corporation
33 Allanbrooke Road